This is absolutely everything you need to know about the the world’s greatest hide-and-seek champions:
- They are known as Sasquatch or just Squatch, and the arctic variety is the Yeti or Abominable Snowman, although they could be a separate species.
- They’re 7-10 feet tall, usually bipedal, with black, brown, reddish brown, cream, or even turquoise-stained white hair and fur.
- Their face resembles a monkey or ape, with a flat black nose.
- They are strong and can jump the length of their bodies.
- They are mostly vegetarian, but have been known to eat deer, and in some cases pets, though that last one is unconfirmed. If they eat humans at all they leave no witnesses.
- Their footprint is 12-22 inches long by 5-11 at the ball and 2-8 at the heel, similar to a bear, gorilla, or human in shape.
- They tend to be crepuscular (active at dusk and dawn) but have been spotted in broad daylight and at night.
- They live mostly in the Pacific Northwest and Canada, but have been spotted around the globe.
- They tend to reside in dense and semi-dense forests in cold(ish) climates, especially old growth redwoods.
Some safety tips:
- Squatches will leave you alone if you don’t draw attention to yourself or eat good food.
- Once provoked, offering food or acting funny is the best course of action (they have a crude sense of humor).
- They are unaffected by pepper spray
- They are intelligent, so don’t play dead.
- Have some common sense and don’t attack or run from a ten foot tall ape-man.
- Never harm a Bigfoot. They a rare and endangered species (on the endangered species list of Russia since 1965, France and Germany since 1967), and must be studied alive. A DNA sample could be worth millions.
Other things to note:
- They like Kit-Kat
- Bananas are insulting
- They can’t sneeze
- They can’t cry
- North Cascades National Park, WA is the most common location of sightings in the US.
- 21% of Americans believe in Bigfoot — 1% less than those who believe in the Big Bang
What do you think? Are they real, or just another mythical cryptid? Comment your opinion!